In the Lady Chapel is magnificent glass of the1530s originally from the Abbey of Heckenrode (near Liège) which
was demolished in 1802. Seven of its windows were bought by Sir Brooke Boothby and then acquired by the cathedral.
The sketches for the windows are thought to be by Pierre Coecke who worked in Antwerp in the C16. Windows n.5 and
s.5 are of a later date but also of Flemish origin.
view of the east end
There is also some Heckenrode glass in the east aisle of the south transept where it is incorporated
into C19 windows. And one has to mention Kempe's huge 9-light south window here of 1895