Home page


Tour of highlights

View English sites

View French sites

Search by subject


Non stained glass

Photographs by Paul Harley

Stradsett,St Mary

The fine east window contains C16 glass in the main lights that originally came from a church in Cologne. It probably came to the church in c.1820 via the dealer C.J.Hampp who was responsible for importing much glass from the Continent at that time in the wake of the French Revolution. This window features the Adoration of the Magi. In the tracery lights are some fine angels.

In the west window is another C16 panel of continental origin with the Crucifixion attended by angels




Ww 2

Ww 1


(c) Copyright Painton Cowen 2022