click on an area for detail
The Tree of Jesse
Formerly the window was in St Chad's church
where it was given by Sir John de Charlton who appears with his family in the bottom row. Also there are Edward
III and the Virgin. Prophets inhabit the four outer rows, kings the inner four with Jesse spread across the lower
centre. In the tracery lights the Crucifixion, the Jordan baptism, the Virgin and saints.
Rearranged and restored by David Evans in 1859. Recently restored by Chapel Studios in 1998