<>

 



Return

Salisbury, Cathedral

Nave south window


Some original C13 pieces have been placed in the window reconstructed from fragments.

On the left is a Tree of Jesse dating from around 1242 and has been rebuilt in what is thought to have been its original position.


On the right are a number of C13 pieces mostly from the Chapter House but also from other parts of the cathedral.

detail of left lancet

detail of right lancet

 

 (c) Copyright Painton Cowen 2008