London: St Margaret's Westminster

The Crucifixion, c.1502

The east window was originally intended for Henry VIIís Chapel at the Abbey, but it found its way to St Margaretís after residing successively at Waltham Ahbey, Boreham New Hall and Copt Hall in Essex. It depicts the Crucifixion in Gothic-Renaissance transitional style, together with portraits of Prince Arthur and Catherine of Aragon; in the tracery lights are angels by William Price (the younger). ___________ return